Ecommerce is seeking aspiring software craftsmen/women to join us in building services that enable both individuals and businesses to be successful on the web.
We believe that high-quality, innovative software is built by craftsman in a collaborative workshop environment, rather than workers on an assembly line. Our team values passion and dedication over drudgery and busywork. To us, crafting software is a way of life, not just a job. If you share our
passion for breaking new ground every day, while delivering cutting edge software solutions, and are driven to continuously improve your craft while striving for perfection each and every day, then we may have a spot for you.
If you are chosen to join our team, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide array of languages and technologies, learn and leverage agile practices, work on various layers of the architecture stack, build awesome
web and mobile apps, and learn to love the safety of a well-written automated test.
A PHP Developer is responsible for participating in many aspects of the companies software development lifecycle for both new application development and existing system maintenance. These activities include but are not limited to:
• Requirements Estimation
• Software Development
• Software Testing
• Software Deployment
• Software Demonstrations
• Systems Documentation
• Daily Stand Ups
Essential Job Functions
• Code/Test/Deploy Software Solutions - 80%
• Mentoring/Pairing/Code Reviews - 10%
• Requirement Estimation & Software Spikes - 5%
• Meetings/Presentations/Demos - 5%
• 3+ years practical experience with PHP is required.
• 2+ years experience with PHP web frameworks is required.
• Working competency with SQL is required.
• Working competency with algorithms and data structures is required.
• Experience with logical object modeling is a plus.
• Experience developing SOAP API’s is a plus.
• Experience using the Smarty Framework is a plus.
• Experience with PHP Unit is a plus.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
• Propensity to overcome challenges and solve "hard" problems.
• Strong desire for continuous improvement (standards, best practices, knowledge).
• Strong communication skills with the ability to adjust communication to fit the needs of the audience.